Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Crib for Baby!



We inherited the crib I slept in as a baby. This crib is amazing it lasted through me and my 2 sisters then 4 of my cousins! When we picked it up from my Aunt & Uncle's it was in amazing shape for being 25 years old, but I wanted to make it new again/ special for our kids. haha That's when I convinced Danny that we should sand it down and restain it.

Well the thing I didn't think about is A) Cribs have a lot of spindles, bars, details, ect. and B) if something has held up through 25 years and 7 kids it's pretty tough and not going to be easy to get off. So after about 4 months, 1 electric sander (that retired itself before we were finished), and 6 packages of sandpaper we finally finished. The funniest part of this whole process is that we had to chose a darker stain to cover up some of the places were the original stain soaked it too much and didn't quite stain it right so the crib is very close to it's original color. Oh well, there's a lot of love in this thing now and it's officially ours. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the crib! It looks amazing and you will be so glad you have it and that it's done with plenty of time to spare pre-baby. Any names in the works yet???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Can't wait for the little man to arrive. Being a mom is so wonderful. We are excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete