Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Clark Kent who?

So we have a tradition this summer that whenever Danny rides the who way into work or home me and the boys ride halfway with him. It's been a great way to get some extra miles and time with Dad.

Well we were about 7 mi away from home today when I rode over some junk in the road. I was concerned I might have flatted a tire so I looked down to check. While doing this I drifted over and hit the bike trailer that was attached to Danny's bike. 

I recovered didn't fall, but couldn't pedal and could tell my chain had been knocked off. We stopped and Danny says, "we'll that's a new bike". I was super confused since when does dropping a chain mean I get a new bike? Yup, that was till I looked down at my rear derailer...  
 Hmm, not functioning! My chain had a crazy crimp in it to. Fortunately, my frame was fine so aside from a couple new parts my bike will be as good as new. The only problem... We're 7 miles from home. We had Danny's cell phone, but no good numbers to call right at dinner time, in an emergency we would have been fine though just for the record. So Danny comes up with this great idea! How about I just hold onto the bike trailer with the boys and he pulls me home? Um... Yeah .... Right. Well he convinced me to try, and it totally worked! I kept thinking the whole time that I wished there was a way I could take a picture of him towing me down the road. 

The moral of the story Danny is superman! Really, he pulled Will, Ben, the bike trailer, me, and my bike home 7 miles! We were going a pretty good pace too like 11-14 mph. I got a great bike handling skills workout too.


Oh yeah and another moral, eyes on the road :)

No comments:

Post a Comment