Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bittersweet Cookies

Will's still sick as you can tell by his eyes, but this cookie made him feel much better!

So Wednesday I received a new calling to be the Relief Society 2nd counselor. I was so excited! No more activity days (I had 15 girls with 9 coming in), planning and teaching a lesson every week, juggling Will during Sunday school. Well, today it turned a little bittersweet. I forgot in the newness of it on Wednesday how much I had grown to love my Sunday school class. They were working towards a class party this summer. I guess that won't happen now, so I made them cookies to make up for it. (I never bring treats). When I told them it would be my last week because I got a new calling they asked "do you have to?". Then, I got pulled into the Bishop's office to be set apart and never actually got to teach my last lesson.
Standing up in Relief Society on Sunday was weird! I think I am really close to being the youngest there. I have no idea what I'm doing in the presidency but I guess sometimes the Lord has a different plan for us then we have for ourselves. So here's to a new adventure! We do think it's kind of fun that Danny's the 2nd counselor in Elder's Quorm and now I'm 2nd counselor in Relief Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment