Monday, April 11, 2011

There'll be days like this

Those shards used to be a bowl.

And this company ripped me off!

I am currently torn between taking pictures with my little kodak easy share digital camera or my nice Nikon film SLR. The problem is I need my pictures to be digital so that I can photoshop them, post them here, make photobooks, ect. I used to develop my film straight to a CD but that gets expensive and the quality isn't that amazing. Plus, last time my negatives got scratched by some inexperienced employee.
So I was really excited when I found this online company that I could mail by film to and in a few days they would have files for me to download from their website.
I thought I would try them out and sent in a roll of film from Will's birthday. When I got back the pictures I wasn't really happy. I don't know if the film got hot in the mail or they are developed wrong but it looks like Will turned 1 in 1970. Kind of a fun effect, but not something I want accidentally every time!


 Anyways, I thought lesson learned I won't do that again. So today I went to download them from the site so that I could at least have retro 1970 memories, but guess what? I had to have paid extra to get a DVD of the files in order to download them! Basically, I paid to have my file developed ruined and I don't even get the files! Whatever! So I ripped them off the site by right-clicking on the thumbnails so they are super high quality now! I feel like I'm stealing my own pictures.

This makes me want to eat ramen for 3 months so that I can spend our grocery money on a new camera! The sad part is I really do like my film camera, and I like shooting film. But, with all the digital now a days I can't find someone who can develop film right anymore unless I go professional :(

I'll leave you with another blast from the past.



No comments:

Post a Comment