Monday, November 7, 2011

Will is out!

 My house is very child-proof, we have the child swirly knobs on all the doors, all the chemicals in magnetic locking cabinets, a security bar on the backdoor, all precious books on the top shelf, ect. However, Will is ALWAYS one step ahead of me! This day I was having a R.S. meeting at my house when one of the sisters looks in the kitchen and says, "oh my, I think it's your son's fault". I look and her son (who is the same age as Will) and Will have opened the freezer and are grabbing handfuls of flour and eating them. Thus, they are both covered in flour, so is my freezer and my floor and yes I have zero doubt that it was my son's fault. Well, whats done is done so I let them sit and play with it until the end of our meeting. Then, I fix Will lunch and sit down to write a couple follow up emails from my meeting. When I finish I notice it's quiet, like really quiet. That's not really a good thing in my house, but Will is all buckled up in his seat so he can't be getting into too much trouble. I look over and find this. This is the first time Will has ever fallen asleep at the table and he is completely out! I later found out that his flour friend didn't even make it home before he fell asleep. Let me just say it was magical, I'm thinking of renting this kid for my daily tire Will out use :)
On another note Will is officially out of his crib. It was a little bit of an adjustment getting him to sleep on his "big boy" mattress on the floor, but once we finally but a gate up on his door it's worked pretty well. We tried just taking him back to bed every time he got up and skip the gate, but after 3+ hours of this he won and I lost so the gate went up the next day. One more step to big boyhood while we prepare to have another little one. I wish I could potty train him so that I didn't get to have 2 kids in diapers, but he's not showing any interest in that at all yet so it'll wait. 

On another note taking this picture woke the sleeping giant and nap time was officially cancelled for the remainder of the day. I would not recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment