Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cleaning

 Will's loves to help do the dishes. When I'm loading the dishwasher he pulls out all of the dishes and tries to eat them. Then, when I am unloading the dishwasher he pulls out all of the clean dishes and places them on the floor. Needless to say, we rewash a lot of dishes. But, it keeps him happy while I work so we deal with it. Plus, who could say no to that face?

So I one of my friends had a goal listed on her blog to go through the fly lady program. I hadn't heard of it so I looked it up. It's this overly friendly southern lady who walks you though how to have a continually clean house with "baby steps" each day. Maybe she just reminds me of my grandma (though my grandma did know how to clean) but I was really drawn to it. So step one is to shine your sink and keep it shiny. The idea is even if everything else is a mess you have one spot to focus on and in the morning its like a little friendly "hello". It isn't very hard so it's easy to keep up, but it spreads so that gradually you have a bigger and bigger "clean" circle. btw thanks Jess!

No comments:

Post a Comment