Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Our almost... finished family room

 Yay! one room of our house is almost finished! Today I put up take 2 of curtains. I tried making my own curtains out of drop cloths to look like this:
View in Room
But instead the looked horrible! and that ok looking curtain rod from Walmart? looked really cheap on the wall. So I pulled everything down and took back the curtain rods. I found the curtains above for cheaper than I had spent on fabric and rods for less than the ugly Walmart ones at IKEA! Fortunately, my windows are narrow enough I only need one pkg of curtains. I just cut each pannel in half and hemmed the sides. Volia!

Oh and another reason I love IKEA, I got Will a really cute stuffed snake for $0.49 :)

You can't really tell because of the lighting but our walls are now a platinum gray. It was my first painting experience and my first non white wall. Danny gave me a Lowe's gift card for Christmas and told me I could pick any color even pink with purple polka dots. (He wasn't too fond of the painting idea.) I think he's converted now!

No comments:

Post a Comment