Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone!


So about a month ago our bishop pointed me to this Talk by Julie B. Beck. In it she calls women to become the "lioness at the gate of their homes". As I see it my job as a stay at home mom is to create a home that is a refuge from the world. A place where my family can come to rest, learn, and grow. I think I can do better than I have been. So here's my plan for improvement.
In the talk Sis. Beck suggest organizing priorities by creating 3 lists. Things that are essential, necessary things, and nice-to-do things. I've started these lists and made goals for the year based on them. So here are my goals for 2011.
*FHE every week
*Daily personal scripture study and morning & evening prayers
*100% Visiting Teaching
*Quarterly Neighborhood Potluck
*2 missionary referrals (ward goal)
*Stick to a budget (especially grocery)
*Blog weekly
*I solid hr of cleaning everyday
*Run 5k monthly
*Journal daily to track goals
*Temple every month
*Fast with a purpose every month

So basically it breaks down to making spiritual things a priority, increase effort to do missionary work, and create a house of order. Also, in the same thinking as missionary work I've removed the restrictions on our blog so that anyone can read it. That means you won't have to log in anymore :)

Also, I found this great idea of taking a picture a day. That way you catch a better glimpse of your life because some days it's mundane and some days are more exciting. Anyways, I'm going to post them here so that at the end of the year we can get a book published. That said if you are currently getting emails of our updates and do not want to get a picture of us everyday just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment