Friday, February 18, 2011

Chicken Bones

Okay so I am a chicken snob. I don't really like to eat it off a bone. I hate any part that is rubbery, or not white. So today when I went to the store to buy chicken and saw that these, split breasts, we on a crazy special I had a problem. I could ignore them and go about my happy way with my chicken breasts, or I could get twice as much for the same price and have bones for stock. I stood there for like 20 min.

If I bought them I would have to touch them, and cut them, and see them...

I would have to peel off the skin...

They just look gross...

But the frugal side got the better of me and I ended up with 10 lbs of yucky chicken in my cart.

I got home put Will to sleep, tied up my hair, and got ready to do the yucky work. Why? Because I'm a mom and if I don't do the yucky work then who will?
I must say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I ended up with enough chicken for 5 meals, and stock for another 3. I patted myself on the back for a job well done... and let Danny eat my chicken at dinner because I just didn't have the appetite for it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment