Saturday, February 19, 2011

Date Night: Homemade Pasta

 Okay so I know I said I would be posting our date nights so that you all could get ideas... ya well sorry haven't been very good at that. So here's my reconciliation a perfect date night that didn't cost me a thing.
Okay so I found this recipe here for homemade pasta. I had all the ingredients, but chances are you might need to buy semolina flour (yes I just had that on hand, remember the bread faze? It continues) or you could just use all-purpose.
We stuffed them with a chicken, parmesan, cream cheese type filling okay but I like them cheesier.

Her's look taster so if your up for buying ingredients I would recommended this plus the tutorial for how to stuff them is there too.
 So in order to speed things up and get us eating faster I set up mise en place, or everything in it's place, before he got home. Notice the recipe cards on the cabinets? I also split all the dough ingredients in half so that we could both mix and kneed and roll together. It's called bonding :) In the end it had a sort of culinary school meets Italian villa getaway feel to it.
Here's our finished product! mmm!
This was a super fun, super easy date night. I highly reccomend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment