Saturday, March 19, 2011

Valentine's Day... the belated post



This is space saver post. I think Danny wanted to explain so I'll let him.
(edited by danny)
Ok so I have been supposed to be more active in this blog and I am now guilted into actually posting about this. I have been meaning to post about this for a while. Jenni awesome wife that she is decided to try and come up with something extra special for me. So she emailed my parents(unbeknownst to me) looking for pictures for the trip to taiwan and china and my Mom sent back a selection of photos. So Jenni selected one that looks cool and split the photo in three sections and then blew it up and sent it to costco to be printed off. I think this is the largest size print you can get at costco. She then glued the pictures to some MDF  and painted over it with mod podge so that it is all protected nice. I tell you what these are things are hefty and very nice. Anyway so I came home and she had put them up in our room and I was very surprised we are planning on putting them up in the bedroom along with some other chinese pictures and having an asian feel to the room. Anyway I recognized the place, one of the new members had taken me and my parents there when they came to pick me up after my mission. For those interested it was originally a fort(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Provintia) and is one of the oldest buildings in tainan which is one of the oldest buildings in taiwan as well as being the capital at the time of the fort. There are some beautiful grounds that surround it and this picture is of those though you can see a corner of the building in the one section. The two things that I most recall about this building were that on the grounds there is a small stone horse which has an almost arthurian legend associated with it. I believe that the horse is supposed to come alive if the right person sits on it's back and that person is supposed to free/rule taiwan?( I suppose I don't remember that clearly, but give me a break it was several years ago now). The other was that inside was a small section dedicated to the god of learning, where you could see prayers hung that students placed before going to take exams. Let me see if I can google something up for you.(http://dreintaiwan.blogspot.com/2009/05/fort-provintia-chih-kan-lou-in-tainan.html this guy has a picture of the prayers/offerings half way down on this post).  Anyway the whole of this is that I have an awesome wife and she made a cool thing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment